The audience greatly appreciated BWE's May 2022 concert which was directed for the first time by Michael McGowan, our new director of music.
The programme featured music inspired by, or in some way related to, trains and included a new composition for BWE by Shea Lolin.
Other works that we played were:
- Arthur Honegger Pacific 231
- Antonin Dvo?ák Humoresque
- Hector Berlioz Le Chant des Chemin de Fer
- Percy Grainger Arrival Platform Humlet
- James Rae Three Southern Sketches
- Richard Rodney Bennett Murder on the Orient Express.
Variety was added to the programme by a performance of Billy Strayhorn's Take the 'A' Train
by a saxophone quartet plus Michael McGowan on trumpet.